Spirulina is a microscopic algae in the shape of a perfect spiral coil. It contains the most remarkable concentration of nutrients known in any food, plant, grain or herb. It’s the highest protein food – over 60% all digestible vegetable protein. It also has the highest concentration of beta carotene, vitamin B-12, iron and trace minerals and the rare essential fatty acid GLA (gamma-linolenic acid). Spirulina contains a number of unique phytonutrients like phycocyanin, polysaccharides and sulfolipids that enhance the immune system, possibly reducing the risk of infection, cancer and autoimmune disease. It is rich in natural carotenoid antioxidants that promote cellular health and reduce the risk of cancer. It has cleansing chlorophyll which helps detoxify our bodies of ever present pollution.
Both test-tube studies and animal-based research suggest that spirulina may help to:
- Strengthen the immune system
- Improve gastrointestinal health
- Aid in detoxification
- Reduce the rate of cancer
- Help allergies
Try giving your dog spirulina as part of his daily supplementation and you might notice a shinier, more lustrous coat, fresher breath and a better overall physical condition.
100% Organic Spirulina Powder – Human Grade
- Small dog or cat: 1 Gram per day
- Medium dog: 2 Grams per day
- Large dog: 3 Grams per day
- Giant breeds: 4 to 6 Grams per day
- Alternatively feed 1% of daily food amount (i.e 400 grams of food = 4 grams of spirulina)
- Comes with 2 gram spoon