With nettle, eucalyptus, peppermint and lemongrass essential oils to help deep clean, deter parasites and counteract even the most unpleasant odours, you can be confident that this dog shampoo bar has got your (and their!) back – even the fox poo rollers! These oils are also known to help deter unwanted biting beasties such as fleas and ticks.
Despite the deep cleaning power, the base of this shampoo bar contains a nourishing and moisturising blend of Shea butter and plant oils to naturally care for your dog`s skin and coat.
What are the natural active ingredients in Fox & Flea?
Dorwest’s Fox & Flea Dog Shampoo Bar contains a blend of 100% natural ingredients, chosen to keep your canine friend clean and smelling great:
- Nettle: helps to maintain optimal hair growth and strength, for a healthy shiny coat. Naturally rich in anti-oxidants to support skin health. Also gives the bar a naturally greenish colour.
- Eucalyptus: helps maintain optimal skin condition and supports coat growth thanks to its moisturising and soothing properties. Its fresh scent helps to counteract strong odours and can help to deter biting insects.
- Peppermint: deeply cleansing and can help to support the skin`s natural defences, being traditionally renowned for having antifungal properties. The minty smell helps to deter biting insects and is particularly good at counteracting unpleasant odours such as dreaded fox poo.
- Lemongrass: deeply cleansing, ideal for removing impurities and dirt from the skin and coat. It supports healthy, flake-free skin and strong coat growth. Its distinct smell helps to create an unpleasant environment for biting insects.
What are the benefits of a shampoo bar over liquid shampoos?
Bars offer some unique advantages compared to traditional liquid shampoos, making them the perfect partners for bath time:
- Using the bar to massage your dog`s skin can help to stimulate circulation, supporting healthy skin and coat
- Better for the environment with less packaging that is also 100% recyclable
- Ideal for travel – small and easy to pack with no risk of leaks!
- Long-lasting – can provide more washes than a bottle of liquid shampoo (when cared for properly)
Why Dorwest pet shampoo bars?
Dorwest’s nourishing pet shampoo bar range is handmade in Wales using 100% natural ingredients. Free from artificial colours and fragrances, parabens, SLS, silicone, mineral oil, petroleum and PEGs – you can be sure that you`re washing your dog with nothing but natural goodness.
Specially formulated to support optimal skin and coat health, all the bars have a nourishing base blend of coconut oil, shea butter, sunflower oil, castor oil, and sweet almond oil. Naturally conditioning and moisturising, this combination helps reduce the need for a separate conditioner.
Each bar is formulated to create a creamy lather to help effortlessly clean the coat and lift dirt, but also to be easy rinse with no residue left behind. There are three bars to choose from – Fox & Flea, Natural & Naked or Skin & Serene and they are all suitable for every coat type. So whether your four-legged friend is a mucky pup or sensitive-skinned, long, short, wire or smooth-coated, they can be pampered by nature.
How do I use a shampoo bar for best effects?
To help you get the most out of your dog shampoo bar we have a few top tips…
- Brushing your dog before washing (particularly long-coated breeds) makes it easier for the shampoo to get through and cleanse the entire coat.
- Wet the shampoo bar and your dog`s coat.
- Massage the bar through the coat until you have a good lather (this can take longer in hard water areas), then place the shampoo bar to the side and continue to massage the skin and coat for a deep clean.
- Rinse the coat thoroughly to ensure all the shampoo has been washed out – this is generally easy with our shampoo bars as they have great rinsability!
- Ater use, pop your bar on a soap dish or rack so it can fully dry (gaps to allow airflow help speed this up)
- Once dry, you can put your bar back in the box, ready for the next bath time!
Remember – fully drying your bar is important to reduce tackiness – if your shampoo bar does become tacky a quick rinse before use can help
Remember – there can be a transition period when you stop using artificial ingredients on the coat. This can take longer in hard-water areas so rinsing the coat thoroughly after shampooing and brushing the coat through when dry can be beneficial to make the transition smoother
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.