For the itchy and irritated, help restore calm with this highly soothing and nourishing formula.
Dorwest’s Soft & Serene Dog Shampoo Bar is specially formulated for dogs prone to itchy, irritated and sensitive skin. With borage oil and chamomile and lavender essential oils, alongside a base blend of shea butter and coconut, sunflower, castor and sweet almond oils, these highly nourishing and soothing natural ingredients support optimal skin health so your dog can wave goodbye to flaky, dry skin.
What are the natural active ingredients in Soft & Serene?
Using the power of nature for calm and healthy skin:
- Borage oil – naturally rich in Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA), an Omega 6 fatty acid that is associated with supporting skin health and strengthening damaged or weakened skin barriers, making it ideal for those that are prone to dry and sensitive skin.
- Chamomile – well known for its soothing properties, it is also an effective exfoliant and moisturiser. Helps to support a flake-free coat whilst calming areas of irritation and enriching coat colour.
- Lavender – naturally calming and helps maintain optimal hair growth. It can help support the skin`s natural defences, being traditionally renowned for having antibacterial and antifungal properties.
What are the benefits of a shampoo bar over liquid shampoos?
Bars offer some unique advantages compared to traditional liquid shampoos, making them the perfect partners for bath time:
- Using the bar to massage your dog`s skin can help to stimulate circulation, supporting healthy skin and coat
- Better for the environment with less packaging that is also 100% recyclable
- Ideal for travel – small and easy to pack with no risk of leaks!
- Long-lasting – can provide more washes than a bottle of liquid shampoo (when cared for properly)
Why Dorwest pet shampoo bars?
Dorwest’s nourishing pet shampoo bar range is handmade in Wales using 100% natural ingredients. Free from artificial colours and fragrances, parabens, SLS, silicone, mineral oil, petroleum and PEGs – you can be sure that you`re washing your dog with nothing but natural goodness.
Specially formulated to support optimal skin and coat health, all the bars have a nourishing base blend of coconut oil, shea butter, sunflower oil, castor oil, and sweet almond oil. Naturally conditioning and moisturising, this combination helps reduce the need for a separate conditioner.
Each bar is formulated to create a creamy lather to help effortlessly clean the coat and lift dirt, but also to be easy rinse with no residue left behind. There are three bars to choose from – Fox & Flea, Natural & Naked or Skin & Serene and they are all suitable for every coat type. So whether your four-legged friend is a mucky pup or sensitive-skinned, long, short, wire or smooth-coated, they can be pampered by nature.
How do I use a shampoo bar for best effects?
To help you get the most out of your dog shampoo bar we have a few top tips…
- Brushing your dog before washing (particularly long-coated breeds) makes it easier for the shampoo to get through and cleanse the entire coat.
- Wet the shampoo bar and your dog`s coat.
- Massage the bar through the coat until you have a good lather (this can take longer in hard water areas), then place the shampoo bar to the side and continue to massage the skin and coat for a deep clean.
- Rinse the coat thoroughly to ensure all the shampoo has been washed out – this is generally easy with our shampoo bars as they have great rinsability!
- Ater use, pop your bar on a soap dish or rack so it can fully dry (gaps to allow airflow help speed this up)
- Once dry, you can put your bar back in the box, ready for the next bath time!
Remember – fully drying your bar is important to reduce tackiness – if your shampoo bar does become tacky a quick rinse before use can help
Remember – there can be a transition period when you stop using artificial ingredients on the coat. This can take longer in hard-water areas so rinsing the coat thoroughly after shampooing and brushing the coat through when dry can be beneficial to make the transition smoother
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.