The pressure of everyday life means that we now tend to be more anxious and stressed, which our dogs can pick up on very easily. There are also more dogs being re-homed in the UK and from abroad of which a large percentage have anxiety and behavioural issues. Some dogs are just more nervous by nature.
Common triggers can be loud noises (fireworks or even heavy traffic) or being separated from their owners. Due to heightened anxiety some dogs can show signs of aggression towards other people or dogs or be destructive in the home. Working dogs (those who compete in agility, flyball or gaming sports) can also feel the pressure and may get anxious before a competition or not travel well in the lead up to an event.
Calm & Collected is a premium 100% natural holistic superfood supplement that will help your dog to keep calm and relaxed. Used by behaviourists it helps to reduce anxiety and aid focus and concentration when training or competing. The 8 high strength active herbs in this blend are Skullcap, Withania, Chamomile, Astralagus, Gotu Kola, Ginger, Turmeric and Liquorice. These are natural calming herbs that are powerful and effective and won’t cause drowsiness. Some of the herbs also aid recovery and give extra support of the bones, joints and circulation which help after competing. Flaxseed oil also helps to maintain the overall good health of the heart, digestive, immune and reproductive systems and balance metabolism. The active ingredients provide nutritional support.
Calm & Collected contains 4 adaptogens which are a unique class of healing herbs that help to balance, restore and protect the body both physically and emotionally. The herbs in this formula have been selected by a holistic vet for maximum efficacy. Visible health benefits can be seen in as little as 7 days in some dogs.
Ideal for dogs who are nervous by nature, have separation anxiety, phobias, dislike loud noises such as fireworks or traffic, have difficulty socialising or for working dogs so those who compete in agility, flyball or gun sports. Suitable for all breeds.
Not recommended for pregnant/nursing dogs or puppies under the age of 8 weeks old. Not to be used if your dog is known to be allergic/reactive to any of the ingredients listed if your dog is taking blood thinners/modulators. If in doubt then please ask your own vet for advice.
- Calming and relaxing without drowsiness
- Aids concentration and focus
- Aids recovery after activity
- Supports bones, joints & ligaments when competing
- Regulates metabolism
- Supports a healthy heart
- Nutritionally supportive
- A holistic formula which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing
The active herbs in this blend have been formulated to work in balance for maximum efficacy. See the difference in as little as 7-10 days.
- Skullcap (lateriflora): A ‘nervine’ herb which means it helps to relax the nervous system and reduce anxiety. Will not sedate or cause drowsiness. Contains fantastic antioxidant properties. A natural analgesic. Detoxifying. Keeps the heart healthy.
- Withania: An adaptogenic herb that supports flexibility/mobility and has a relaxing and calming effect. A great muscle relaxant. Reduces inflammation and is a powerful anti-oxidant. Regulates the immune system. Has hematopoietic properties (positive effect on blood cells). Contains sodium and iron.
- Chamomile: A powerful relaxing, calming & soothing herb. Aids digestion, strengthens muscle tissues and reduces inflammation. Has antibacterial and anti-fungal properties. A good source of zinc, iron, and selenium.
- Astragalus: An adaptogenic herb that supports good energy and stamina, helps with mental clarity, aids metabolism and healing. Strengthens the immune system and has anti-viral and anti-diabetic properties. Also reduces inflammation. Contains flavonoids and polysaccharides.
- Turmeric: Contains a mix of phenolics known as curcumin which helps to reduce inflammation and is an anti-parasitic. A rich source of vitamin C, calcium, iron, niacin, potassium and zinc and a powerful anti-oxidant. Also helps to aid digestion, maintain cardio function and cleanse.
- Gotu Kola: This powerhouse adaptogenic herb cleanses, aids circulation and collagen production, supports a healthy nervous system and protects veins and blood vessels. Packed with calcium, manganese, potassium, selenium, zinc, vitamins C and B.
- Ginger: Promotes good circulation and has been known to reduce high blood pressure. Reduces inflammation and helps keep the most joints strong. Aids bone density. Reduces cholesterol and blood pressure. Contains vitamins B5 and B6, potassium and manganese.
- Liquorice root: An adaptogenic herb that supports the immune system, helps reduce stress, combats bacteria and viruses, aids respiration and maintains good digestion. Makes the whole formula taste great!
Feed once daily or every other day depending on the level of support required. Add to raw, wet or dry food.
Feed 1ml to every 2kg of dogs weight once daily, either morning or evening.
- For immediate relief, increase to 2ml to every 2kg of dogs weight for 7 days and then revert to 1ml to every 2kg of dogs weight daily.
- For preventative healthcare, feed every 1ml to every 2kg of dogs weight every other day.
Feed once daily or every other day depending on the level of support required. Shake well before every use and store in the fridge to maintain freshness.